Collection and Use of Personal Information
What personal information we collect
- When You create a Selro User Account or contact us, we collect a variety of information, including Your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, and contact preferences. When payment, or payment information, is required, we will direct You to submit credit card information through a third-party such as Stripe or Paypal.
- When You, as a Selro Account Holder, acquire information regarding Your customers and then upload that information to Selro, Selro will store whatever personal information regarding Your customers that You have uploaded on Selro production servers.
How we use Your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep You posted on Selro’ latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If You don’t want to be on our mailing list, You can opt out anytime by navigating to the unsubscribe link in the last e-mail You received from Selro. You will have the option to unsubscribe from an individual list, or from all Selro lists.
- We may use Your personal information to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services.
- From time to time, we may use Your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to Your interaction with Selro, You may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Selro’ products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not identify any specific individual. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as business, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, and the time zone where a Selro product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect information regarding customer activities on any of our websites. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our website, products, and services are of most interest. Aggregated data is non personal information.
- We may collect and store details of how You use our services. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services.
Cookies and Other Technologies
We gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system and date/time stamp. We use this information to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Selro may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some cases we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Selro website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Selro will not make personal information to any of our strategic partners that work with Selro to provide products and services, or that help Selro market to customers.
Protection of Personal Information
Selro takes the security of Your personal information very seriously. When Your personal data is stored by Selro, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. When You use some Selro products and services that by their nature are public facing, such as when You post on a Selro forum, the personal information and content You share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information You choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if You list Your name and e-mail address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Retention of Personal Information
- Access to Personal Information.You can help ensure that Your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to Your account at https://app3.selro.com/login. For other personal information we hold, we will provide You with access (including a copy) upon Your request. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous, vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by contacting email@example.com.
- Children & Education.We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Selro products and services. Children under the age of 18, are not permitted to create their own Selro IDs; instead, a parent must obtain the account and provide the parent’s information to Selro. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 18 we will delete the information as soon as possible.
- Third Party Sites and Services.Selro websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage You to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Your Rights Under the GDPR
If You are a citizen or a resident of a country in the European Union, the GDPR grants You the following rights:
- Access to Your Personal Data.You have the right to receive a copy of Your personal data that is subject to processing by Selro. Ordinary requests will be granted without charge to You within one calendar month of when You make the request. In cases of excessive, unreasonable, or repeated requests Selro may charge You a reasonable fee and may require additional time to grant Your request. Also, Selro may use reasonable means to confirm Your identity before granting any request for data so as to prevent granting fraudulent requests. To request a copy of Your personal data, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To have Your Data Corrected.If Your personal data is erroneous or outdated, You have the right to have it corrected. To do so, please contact Selro via e-mail at email@example.com, or simply log in to Your account at https://app3.selro.com/login
- To be Forgotten.You have the right to be forgotten by Selro. You may exercise this right by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with Your request, at no charge to You, within one calendar month by deleting Your account, along with all of Your personally-identifiable data that is subject to any Selro processing. Naturally, after we grant Your request You will not have access to any Selro products or services unless and until You open a new Selro account. Selro may use reasonable means to confirm Your identity before granting any request for data so as to prevent the granting of fraudulent requests.
- To Restrict Processing of Your Data.You can request that Your data not be processed via Selro partners. You can make that request by e-mailing us at email@example.com, if you wish, you can even specify which third parties to restrict from processing Your data. We will respond to Your request, at no charge to You, within thirty (30) days from when You make Your request. Please be advised that some of our partners, e.g., Stripe, are essential to Selro services, so that if You block processing by them, Selro’ services may be unavailable to You.
- Portability.You have the right to receive a copy of Your personal data that is subject to processing by Selro in a portable format, or to have it transferred directly from Selro to another party. Ordinary requests will be granted without charge to You within one calendar month of when You make the request. Selro may use reasonable means to confirm Your identity before granting any request to transfer data to You or another party so as to prevent granting fraudulent requests. To request a copy of Your personal data in a portable format, or to request a direct transfer of Your data, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Responsibility Under GDPR
If You are a Selro User, then that probably means You are a business owner, using the Selro software to sell goods and services to Your customers. With respect to the customer data that You provide to Selro, Selro is a data processor and will comply with its obligations under the GDPR; but with respect to Your customers, You are probably a data controller, and if any of Your customers is a citizen or a resident of a country in the European Union, then You must ensure that You comply with Your obligations as a data controller under the GDPR; namely, You must ensure that You afford Your Customers the rights identified in section (a) above. Selro sells software; it does not provide legal advice or legal services, nor does it sell a “done-for-you” GDPR compliance package. Please consult legal counsel of Your own choosing for advice on what You need to do to comply with GDPR.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure Your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Selro employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company
Updates to the Policy